{Create} Brush Embroidery Flower Cookies and Macaron Ice Cream

10 days ago l think l had the worst baking day ever!!!  Everything l cooked just ended up being a complete mess!!  I mean l even got mashed potato wrong!!  It ended up as a potato soup!!!  My chocolate chip cookies were massive and ended up sticking to each other a bit but the kids loved them!!  Then the macaron well l should have given up on cooking for the rest of the day after my macaron disaster!!  I know where l went wrong though so at least that is a success somewhat!!

I decided on using the French method and they would have worked except l had over worked the mixture so it was too runny and so when cooked they were flat, wrinkly and very chewy!!  I did get a foot though!!  Hooray!  However l was really not very happy with the result so what did l do with my unsuccessful macarons??

mixture was runny but still managed to pipe circles well sort of....

Macarons did finally form a skin after 3 hrs resting

They started to rise and then went wrinkly!! Oh the horror!!

Very disappointed with my wrinkly but footed result!  Over mixed the mixture!

Very rewarding destroying those ugly macarons into pieces!!

Smothered on some berry coulis and Chocolate Ganache

mixed into half a tub of vanilla ice cream and the result was ...

Some very happy customers!!!  Macaron ice Cream is delicious!!

I made them into macaron ice cream and it was rather delicious and if l ever have anymore baking disasters l think l will just turn them into ice cream but not sure how mashed potato ice cream would taste?? hahahaha!!

Last week l posted a tutorial on brush embroidery flower cookies from tradewind tiaras and thought l would post my results.  You will see that l have two different results as my initial royal icing was a little runny and so it gave more of a watercolour effect to the cookie.

l thought the white icing may have been a bit too light on the yellow so l tinted the remaining icing pink and then put on a larger tip (4) as l was using my smallest tip (2) and found that it was not giving enough texture.  Once l had adjusted my royal icing and made it thicker and also used a larger tip l was very happy with the end result and really enjoyed painting in my kitchen!!

My Brush Embroidery Cookies

Icing a bit too runny but still resulted in a pretty cookie more watercolour than embroidery

The thicker icing resulted in a cookie that looked more like embroidery


Beautiful mini roses inspired some creativity!

My Brush Embroidery Flower Cookies look too good to eat!!

Sometimes l forget how much l loved to paint and draw when l was younger but l think l enjoy painting cookies more because at least l can see how much joy they bring to those l love!

Might make some nougat this week as l haven't made it in such a long time and l got a new candy thermometer which l am itching to try out and maybe some toffee apples if l can find some sticks??  I think l have finally figured out why l like to bake so much ..... shhhhhh ..... l like getting new gadgets!!  hahahaha!

Take Care and remember to Bake, Create and Celebrate!
Larissa

No comments:

Post a Comment