{Bake} Glamorous "Barbie Inspired" Pink & Black Cupcakes

It has been quite a while between blog posts but today l finally had some time in the kitchen and created some very, very pretty cupcakes for my son's teacher as it was her Birthday! It was nice to have an excuse to get into the kitchen and create something Glamorous with "Blanche"! Just in case you are not aware who Blanche is... well she is my new assistant and now l don't know what l did without her before!! She is my Sleek New Almond Creme Kitchen Aid and the most lovely gift EVER!! I received her just over 2 weeks ago for my 35th Birthday from my Hubby and all my gorgeous Family and Friends..and l don't know how to Thank them all enough but l am sure they will all be happy with the creations she will make!!



So what did l create today.... some Raspberry Cupcakes with a White Chocolate Cheesecake Ganache and others frosted with trusty ol' vanilla butter cream. l wanted to make 4 very special cupcakes for my son's teacher so l made some very pretty fondant flowers and toppers in pink, white and black...which are my favourite colour combo and boxed them up as her special Birthday Gift from Byron! When creating these l was thinking about the Barbie cupcakes l had wanted to create for my Ken and Barbie Party which l postponed yet again but decided to create them anyway for his teacher! When Byron saw them he was most impressed and said they were the best l had made EVER!!! I think l would have to agree with him!!




Here is the recipe:



Raspberry Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cheesecake Ganache


Ingredients
250g Frozen Raspberries Thawed
150g Butter Softened
2 eggs at room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 1/2 cups of Self Raising Flour
1/2 cup of milk

Method

Preheat over to 175 degrees Celsius

  1. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
  2. Add eggs one at a time and beat thoroughly until well combined
  3. Add Vanilla Paste, Flour and Milk and beat on lower speed until well combined
  4. Fold through Raspberries
  5. Spoon into Cupcake Cases 3/4 full and bake for 18-25 mins until cooked through and lightly golden and springy to touch
  6. Let cool on wire rack and the frost with your favourite frosting

White Chocolate Cheesecake Ganache

Ingredients

150g white chocolate melts
100g softened cream cheese
150g icing sugar
30ml cream
2 tbsp sour cream

Method
  1. Melt chocolate and cream together in microwave on high for 1 minute and then stir until well combined and chocolate is melted
  2. Put this into mixing bowl and add cream cheese and sour cream and mix well. Then add remaining ingredients and mix together on lower speed until well combined and then mix on high speed until whipped
  3. Spread with palette knife onto cupcakes or pipe with piping bag.
ENJOY! And don't forget to Bake, Create and Celebrate!

XOXO Larissa

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh your new Kitchenaide has been getting a workout! I love cupcakessss :) must catch up again soon and if you would like to have any of your work featured on Oh Gorgeous Baby lets chat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the lucky teacher that Larissa baked these absolutely gorgeous cupcakes for. They were absolutely beautiful in taste and presentation. I feel very, very spoiled to have them made for me, and especially after reading this blog post! Larissa, you are a very talented lady and I feel very special that you thought of me and made them for my birthday. Thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete