{Celebrate} The Charm of Hentley Farm Wines - Where the Winery comes to YOU!

A couple of weeks ago we had a wine tasting at my brother's house, where our favourite vineyard came to us with their wonderful wines!!  It was a great night shared with our red wine lover friends and Matt from Hentley Farm.  I thought it was quite novel for me to create a savoury table for the evening but of course l could not resist putting in a couple of sweets!!



I wanted to create a rustic yet sophisticated atmosphere so l decided on a brown, beige, cream and gold colour palette and found a lovely textured fabric to use as runners on the buffets and cut strips to tie bows around the vases.  I also used an old brown suitcase as a riser to put the desserts on and l thought it was rather a nice touch since they were travelling to us!!  I used my faithful canvas and covered it in various papers and then used the brown glitter alphabet stickers from Merci to write " The Charm Of Hentley Farm Wines" to set the scene!  I also used the free "Thanks Giving" printables by Love the Day for the food labels which really complimented my colour scheme and l loved the elegant damask pattern. http://blog.catchmyparty.com/2010/11/15/free-thanksgiving-party-printables-from-the-love-the-day/



My sister in law (to be) and l created some wonderful finger food to accompany Hentley Farm's Big, Bold & Beautiful Wines!!  There were 11 wines on tasting and we created a dish to compliment each wine so ... yes ... we were in the kitchen all day but we worked so well together that l even had time to go home and get ready and attempt to take some photos of the table before everyone arrived! (I really need to learn how to take great photos so if anyone is out there and wants to teach me please .... pretty please let me know!!!)

The dishes we created were:

Cheese & antipasto platter with stuffed pepperdews
Crustini topped with chicken liver pate
Pastry cups with smoked trout mousse
Crustini topped with smoked salmon and creme friache
Stuffed mushrooms with ricotta and herbs
Goats cheese and caramalised onion pastries
Seared beef fillet with spinach & pesto
Redcurrant pork belly with an apple, craisin and almond slaw
Mini fillet mignon
Lamb shank filo pastries with pepperberry yoghurt dipping sauce
Lamb cutlets with fig paste glaze
Dark chocolate truffles with a gold dust
Chocolate caramel brownies with damask chocolate topper






It was a Fabulous evening!  Maybe a little on the warm side for a red wine tasting (I blame my hangover on the warm weather!!) but it was AMAZING nevertheless! Thanks to Deb & Al who opened their home for the evening and thanks to Matt from Hentley Farm who allowed us to share their wines with our wonderful friends and thanks to everyone who came to share in an evening of great food, great wine and great friends!

I will be back soon with another fun post of the girls backyard picnic but for now I say Bye Bye! 

So remember to Bake, Create and Celebrate!

Larissa

No comments:

Post a Comment